Peter Berton of ynot.com was nice enough to ask me some questions about the site, and he felt I was interesting enough to share them with the rest of the world.
Woke up to a tweet from the lovely and talented Tristan Taormino and we had a nice little back and forth:
@TristanTaormino Out of the office, so I'll have a better idea later; I assume the real answer is "a loop from 1920 we don't have info on."
— InternetAdultFilmDB (@iafdcom) July 24, 2013
@TristanTaormino I considered a loop to be a commercially released movie. :-) I'll look up features in a couple hours.
— InternetAdultFilmDB (@iafdcom) July 24, 2013
So, I’m, back in the office and can look such things up, so here are the exciting results — the first ten movies we have that mention anal sex. It’s by coincidence that that’s everything before 1974.
- Dogarama (1969)
- Sex USA (1970)
- Felines (1972)
- Jeanie’s Magic Box (1972)
- All About ‘_’ (1972)
- Dynamite (1972)
- Deep Throat (1972)
- Inside Georgina Spelvin (1973)
- More Ways Than One (1973)
- Wet Rainbow (1973)
I do not really consider this definitive, but it’s a good starting point for a discussion…
Went to the first Exxxotica Ft. Lauderdale after it had moved from nearby Miami. Did it as a spur of the moment thing only telling my closest colleagues of pending plans. Okay, twittering them is still somewhat public. As for the show, the weekend was overtaken by storms and the dreary weather probably tempered attendance. Yet I didn’t see much difference between attendance compared to when the show was in Miami.
- I was delighted to see Remy Lecroix and she is the main reason for my spur of the moment decision to go.
- Her booth, Bangbros, was easily the most popular of the convention. Ron Jeremy was the most popular porn star as people lined up to see him. He looked much frailer than in recent years but that is understandable considering his recent heart issues.
- Jynx Maze and Veronica Rodriguez looked amazing
- Had fun with Andy San Dimas and Amy Brooke at their party but these Florida dance clubs have to turn the volume down.
- Meeting Farrah Abraham of MTV’s Teen Mom was somewhat surreal. When I asked to take her photo, she had to get her manager’s clearance since I was media. Except the manager was not around, so I only got random candid shots of her. Other girls signing around her commented she was standoffish towards them. I’ve never watched either of her MTV shows so I don’t know if that was just her normal personality or she was disgusted by her surroundings.
- Met a new yet familiar webcam model named Bridgette who was one of the most beautiful girls at the show. At first I thought it was because she looked a cross between Jana Jordan and Franziska Facella, but later on I realised she was a popular glamour model that my friends have shot.
So the big tech news this week is that Yahoo acquired Tumblr for a whopping $1.1 billion dollars. That’s Billion by the way, not million. I myself have a tumblr where I post zanier moments that would be censored by my Flickr, which coincidentally is also owned by Yahoo. There are rumours that Tumblr would eventually be censored similar to Flickr, requiring a login to see NSFW stuff, but so far Yahoo has issued denials.
Speaking of Flickr, Yahoo also gave it a makeover the same day it acquired Tumblr. They gave every user 1 terabyte of storage space and redid the interface so that it emphasises the photos more with the side effect of eating more bandwidth. If you want to see an example, you can view my AVN Expo and Awards photos that I posted without a writeup in January.*
Now does the new terabyte mean I will post more photos of the girls from the archives since space is no longer a concern? No, of course not. Space was never really an issue. Rather it was time and the new bandwidth leech interface eats up more time while I try to tag the photos with the names of the performers. No bueno. Oh well, I wanted to vent and highlight photos 4 months late.
*Life had gotten messy for me that month and writing about porn did not seem important in the big scheme of things. I should apologise because these glitches will surely happen again.
This trailer for F.X. Pope‘s 1981 classic Nightdreams was posted by over on Facebook (thanks, Steven!) and felt I had to share it… it’s SFW but the soundtrack might have your co-workers ready to kill you.
From CD Man’s review:
NIGHTDREAMS is the most unusual, unique and innovative adult film yet made. Five years ago I was the first to champion this film and really had no idea what kind of impact it would have on future adult films. It has since pioneered a whole new sub-genre within the industry. It may disturb you, it may disgust you, it may even offend you, but love it or hate it, the most important thing is that you will not forget it. The raunchy, gritty sexuality is combined with truly new wave sets and the MIAMI VICE eighties ‘look’ taken even further in CAFE FLESH.
The plot centers on Mrs. Van Houton, played by Dorothy Lemay, undergoing treatment in a psychosexual-therapy session. She is observed by Jennifer West and Andrew Nichols, clad in doctors’ robes and adjusting the equipment wired to Dorothy’s head. She is put through a wide range of sexual fantasies during the session, and the viewer sees what the doctors can only record.
There is a careful progression to the order of the scenes. There is method to the filmmakers’ madness. What really sets this film apart from others is this odd style. The two filmmakers [Rinse Dream and F.X. Pope] are from the regular world of Hollywood who wanted to try their hand at the adult genre. The camera angles, photography and concepts they present will dazzle you. Never has an adult film been so perfectly photographed. Each scene, whether tender, harsh or just plain bizarre, offers something off the wall. The music track and sound effects are superior. Their influence has definitely spilled over.