It’s been one week since the 2011 AVN Expo, and I am still physically fatigued. I put myself through this every year because the perks of meeting up with so many of my friends at one time, porn star or not, is too great. IAFD is maintained by a group of volunteers, and this is the one time a year several of us convene together in person to talk about issues regarding our website and the adult industry in general. One of the byproducts of this meeting is the following.
You may notice that this blog entry is the first post from someone other than the murky “IAFD Staff” designation. I am morbidthoughts, and the opinions I express in this blog are usually mine alone. They should not be considered endorsed by the staff especially if they end up being stupid. We have many different personalities in our group including one brilliant editor with multiple personalities *cough*Dr. Evil*cough* so we won’t always agree on everything.
Anyway, most of my contributions to IAFD has been as a reporter covering the multiple conventions and sets I visit with my colleagues, Bono One of adultdvdtalk.com and Malte of bluvista.tv. I take thousands of pretty pictures a year and interview many people in the industry in between drinks. Because of this, I do the occasional data entry/correction on IAFD based on personal requests from them.
As for this year’s AVN convention, I had a great time even though the show shrank in half from last year by measure of exhibitors and physical space. The number of attendees remained constant though so the show was consistently busy whenever the fans were let in. I took thousands of pictures as always and managed to interview Riley Steele, Bibi Jones, and Zoe Voss. I can’t promise when they would be published though.
Highlights outside of the show included:
- Meeting up with the always awesome Tricia Devereaux of Evil Angel for dinner and ended up screaming at the bartenders for free shots. Also met the gorgeous Jynx Maze at the same dinner not knowing that she was Jynx Maze or even who Jynx Maze was beyond Bono One excitedly repeating her name.
- Receiving a brief lap dance from Katie St. Ives, who is that damn cuddly and adorable in person.
- Taking a limo with the Spieglergirls just to go to the hotel across the street on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Watching Alexis Texas bowl to the tune of Sir Mix A Lot’s Baby Got Back.
- Watching two-time AVN Performer of the Year, Tori Black, put the house go-go dancer at a nightclub to shame with her pole skills and energy.
The only lowlight was my camera breaking at the nightclub. Hence the blurry phone shots.
So yeah, that’s why I am still tired.