Got an email today:
I’m trying to ID the source of a scene featuring Leslie Taylor and a female named Caroline . Your page of pairings lists 3 females with that name , and 6 movies, none of which matches the scene I have on file.
I suspect my main problem is that most performers have used more than one name … While IAFD lists only a matching performer’s ”principal” name on that matchups page , the file provider may have used one of the AKAs .
Currently my alternative is to search either ALL the headshots (there are 646 , and I find many females ”don’t look much like” their headshots) , or LOTS of movies (in this case , since I’m looking at a file from 2002 , I may only have to check 280 of the 807 movies in his list , released in 2002 or earlier). Either way isn’t ”fun” … and , in fact , neither is guaranteed to work .
If IAFD printed out (on the matchups page) all AKA names along with the “principal” name , that would make the ID task a lot easier . But , that might
also upset the appearance of the matchups page, especially for performers that have a lot of AKA.s .
At present , I have no idea if either of these changes could easily be made , or would be of interest to other IAFD visitors . And there may be something else you have in mind that could also help … (I have other scenes to ID , too).
So, it took all of 30 seconds to add the performer AKA to the MatchUps page and tweak the CSS to make it look pretty, so that’s what we did.